Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Insta-Captain in now on Blogger

So who am I and why would you want to listen to me?  Let me introduce myself.  I live in Vancouver, British Columbia and am a Transport Canada certified Coastal Captain who regularly navigates some of the most treacherous waters with large barges in tow or on 300 meter ships.   I've been in this business for over 40 years and have learned a thing or two.

The purpose of this blog is to provide an outlet for sharing the things I have done right, the things I could have done better and share the lessons learned from both.      I have towed 350 foot barges around the North tip of Vancouver Island (a.k.a. "Cape Scott"), I have piloted 350 meter ships through narrows passages and also have a lot of very funny stories to share which are guaranteed to make you laugh.



I am also publishing a mobile application called Insta-Captain Boater's Reference (free) to help others learn the ins and outs of safe boating.  One of the things that readers of this blog need to understand first and foremost however is that the world's marine navigation is divided into two regions, A and B.  For some of the information I blog, please consult this chart to understand if it is applicable.

The last point I will make in this opening post is that the intent of this blog is to also tell stories from the lighter moments in a mariners life.  I'll be sharing many of these as the posts come.  I hope they make you laugh.

- Captain Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment